I guess you could call this a Look of the Day entry, which is why it is filed in there, but I didn't quite want to title it that way.
Reason being, I just wanted to share with you all what I wore to my cousin's wedding dinner; Makeup, outfit and hair-wise. The eyeshadow combination I have on isn't totally 'brand new'. I had recycled this look from a past LOTD as I felt the colors seemed quite appropriate for the look I was going for. Which is why I think titling it LOTD could be like repeating myself? Regardless, I did alter the look a little by making the blue-ish hues in this eyeshadow combination a little stronger and also (I think) make the look more dramatic with the black.
(and I curled my hair! Went for loose curls so they are kind of 'messy' looking)
- Kawaii Tokyo Herbal Forest Brighten-Up Gel (Moisturizer)
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
- Bobbi Brown Corrector (undereye)
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer (blemishes)
- Revlon Translucent Setting Powder
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- MAC Delft Paintpot
- Rhomlon Eyeshadow in Black
- 88 Color palette (silver in crease)
- 28 Color Palette (warm medium brown, blending out)
- Revlon Colorstay Mineral Eyeshadow in Sunlit Jade (highlight color)
- IN2IT Liquid liner in Caribbean
- MAC Powerpoint Liner in Engraved
- Majolica Majorca Lash Bone (lash primer)
- Lancome Fatale mascara
- MAC Solar Riche Bronzer
- MAC Cheeky Bronze MSF
- ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Luminance
- Canmake Lip Concealer in 01
- NYX Round Lipstick in Circe
- Sally Hanson Lip gloss (edited version)
The color palette for my outfit is basically black and white, so a couple of days ago I was thinking how to best introduce a little bit of color in this without ruining the monochromatic feel of it. Thus I decided to paint my nails a murky blue? I really can't describe the shade but it was done by layering a sheer sky blue polish over a black nail polish. So that basically inspired me to look back at that particular LOTD and to recreate it for the dinner.
Here's a shot of my nails and me just being goofy.
So I didn't manage to bring my camera along as it was just too bulky to lug around there and I really didn't need it, so the outfit shots below were taken with my parent's digi-cam.
The colors are rather off, blame it on the ambient lighting at the venue.
And one with the boyfriend.
So yes, I am dressed kind of semi-casual? I didn't want to take the typical prom approach on this, for some reason. At least to me this didn't feel like that much of a 'prom' look. I felt it was kind of boring to go to every dinner that way and since I am just a guest and not hosting or anything, I thought I could play around with my attire for a bit. I attempted to go for the slight cute-sy, I don't want to say doll, but just cute-sy approach yet still keeping it a little edgy(not quite the word, but something along those lines)? Let me know if I did well with that or not! haha.
By the way, this dress was actually the one I picked up at the Metro sale awhile ago.
This entry has gotten rather lengthy, for something as simple as showing my makeup look and outfit.
So that is all, and thanks for taking the time to read (: