Unfortunately I am typing this blog entry single-handed(ly) as the nail polish on my right hand is in the midst of drying. Thus if I seem unenthusiastic enough to be wordy about my descriptions or this entry in general, I do apologize.
Today's look of the day revolves around one of my favorite shades to wear, cranberry/cherry-red eyeshadow shades.
I never thought that I would ever be able to pull off such shades on my eyelids without looking as if I had just gotten a major infection or was hit in the eye. However whilst experimenting with my eyeshadows a while back, I figured that these shades are actually pretty complimentary on my skintone as it warms up my complexion. Aside from that, it is a refreshing change from the usual brown and it isn't as intense as black. Also, it adds a nice punch of color without looking too funky; by funky I would mean being all bright and bold with colors like blue or green.
- Silky Girl O2 Liquid Foundation
- Revlon Translucent Powder (to set)
- Contour & Highlight Palette
- MAC Mineralized Blush in Merrily
- MAC Refined MSF (highlight)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- MAC Artifact Paintpot
- LA Girl Platinum Eyeshadow in Sterling
- LA Girl Platinum Eyeshadow in Snowflakes
- LA Girl Platinum Eyeshadow in Crushed Cranberries
- 28 Color Palette (slight contour on the outer-v, transition from lid to brow bone)
- Cezanne Duo (highlight)
- Magical Tannsu Gel Liner
- Majolica Majorca Lash Bone Primer
- Maybelline Unstoppable Mascara
- Canmake Lip Concealer in 02
- NYX Round Lipstick in Circe
- Majolica Majorca Lipgloss in BE205
Before anyone asks about my hair, I would say this is a mid-way effort at re-creating the Lauren Conrad braid from Blair's (Juicystar07) tutorial.
Click on the photo below to see the tutorial.
I was going to totally do it the whole way but realized that for hair parted my way, with bangs and layers and all, this would be a better way to wear it.
Pulling it across to the back might make one side of my hair too neat whilst the other side's layers would stick out. I'm not sure how good I am at explaining my hair issues, but I am guessing you all get my drift (:
This is how the hair looks:
So that is all!
I am sorry about the lack of updates in recent days. I just haven't got around to doing anything remotely constructive beauty-wise. I will get back into gear with things soon enough. I have a few important updates coming up in the near future so keep a look out for those. (:
Thanks for reading!