Do pardon the lame title but for some reason words are escaping me these days. It takes me twice as long to draft out anything and in some cases I do the cycle of writing and deleting for a good half an hour before deciding to give it a shot at another time.
Blogger's block? Maybe.
Perhaps I need to get back into the swing of things again for the words to flow better.
Regardless, this LOTD was from a while ago and I had totally forgotten about them till I was going through my folders once more.
I am not exactly a fan of having pink on the eyes because it runs the risk of appearing like a sore eye or just sorely off if not done right, blended right etc.
Maybe I am worrying too much but I don't think I am alone with my concerns about this color!
Though with the Shu Uemura Unmask Palette in Pink on hand, I decided to give it a whirl (with the pink that I have been avoiding for awhile) and this is what I ended up with!
I used all the shades from the palette for this look, though some in moderation and some more apparent than others.
- I swept the light pink tone all over the lids, below the crease
- Carefully, I applied the stronger pink in the outer-v, blending into the crease
- To tone down the pink, I used the warm medium brown on the outer-corners, adding a bit of depth. I also used this to blend just above the crease.
- For more definition, I dabbed the darkest chocolate right at the outer corner.
- Lastly I used the bone shade as a brow bone highlight
Here are the shades for reference:
Call me unadventurous but aside from this look, I haven't got the guts (and time) to experiment with other ways to wear this pink.
Though with that said, I do find this look rather lovely; it is soft, sweet and emits a lovely vibe of spring (which is almost over?).
It takes some blending and stepping back to ensure that it all looks fine but I think the end-product isn't too bad! I would wear this look again if I feel in the mood for some springtime warm pink nuances!
Here's the rest of the face:
For my lips, I used Shu Uemura's Rouge Unlimited in Dark Beige, also from the Blossom Dream collection. While it looks and swatches (on my hand) as a beige tone, I was surprised that it pulls pink once on my lips.
It is still a lovely color nonetheless, just not as nude or neutral as I had expected.
FACE / BROW
- K Palette Eyebrow Liquid in 01
- Maquillage Brow Wax in 77
- Shu Uemura Smooth Fit Fluid Foudation
- LUV Carat Loose Powder (to set)
- NARS Eyeshadow Primer
- Shu Uemura Unmask Palette in Pink
- CLIO Professional Brush Liner in Black
- MAC Powerpoint Liner in Engraved
- Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline (Waterproof)
- NARS Powder Blush in Madly
- Shu Uemura Lipstick in Dark Beige
Highlighted products were provided by companies/distributors,
I was not obliged to use/feature them in LOTDs.
So that's the pink eye and here is the red outfit!
It is a pity I did not get to showcase this dress earlier because I do love it a lot. It is a piece from MyMannequin.sg, an online blogshop that is now closed.
I don't normally like to wear long dresses because I feel that unless it is of a strategic length, it makes me look shorter but this dress is so flowy, bold and lovely that I have been spotted quite a few times in it! It doesn't help that most of my wardrobe over here consists mostly of maternity wear.
I really should 'import' my wardrobe here. As my mom says, it still feels like I live at home-home with all my clothes present.
And that's about it for this lovely weekend! Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!
Thanks for reading and I hope to put up some stuff soon! I have loads in mind to share!