It's the first day of 2010, quite possibly a little late to be doing this entry,
but I figured I'll just get it done anyway.
I had seen Sophia do this entry and was interested in doing up one myself. Initially I had typed up a draft entry but that was deleted because I felt like I was typing out an entire year of blogging/youtube-ing in words - It almost seemed like a novel.
So here's me trying my hand at it again, with minimal rambling this time. I have also taken a leaf out of Diana's book and decided to do most of the highlights in 2009 in point form. That would make it a little easier on the eye to read.
I had started blogging on onsugar in late 2008, thus majority of the entries were posted in 2009. That should make it easier for me to filter through them without factoring the year in so much. Here are some highlights of 2009 that I believe help mark it as a rather significant year for me, in terms of this beauty realm. (links open in a new window)
- It was in early January to March that I went on a MAC obsession and hauled quite a bit from them. Though I can't link all the haul entries on here, you can however check out how my MAC collection has grown here. I would say close to 80% of the increment was purchased during that period.
- Something quite random but I had my own promotional discount code for Magical Tannsu (not valid now of course).
- The self-tanner phase I went through that ignited my obsession with bronzers. Eventually I did manage to find a self-tanner product I love. Don't want to harp on this topic since it's controversial, but in all honesty I do love this product.
- My swap with Kristy. This was my very first swap ever so that was super cool.
- This probably isn't that significant, but I was ecstatic to finally get my hands on MAC Underaged lipglass, which is only available in the US. All thanks to Sophia!
- My little interview at GlimmerGlossGlow. Super exciting moment~
- Also my makeup experimentation because I was bored at home, with inspiration from Lady Gaga.
- Being featured in the local newspaper alongside Sarah and Wiwit! This is definitely the prime highlight of the year, just because it was such an awesome experience.
- For the first time, I took part in a makeup look contest held by the lovely Diana. Didn't win it, but it's alright. The other girls did fab, and besides I had tons of fun coming up with the look.
- I feel like I'm including way too many hauls here, but my Hong Kong haul was definitely something I look back on. It was the first time I had attained NARS straight from the counter and also my first time frequenting a LUSH store!
- Being invited to the Elizabeth Arden workshop was quite fun. It was my first time attending a beauty-related workshop and I didn't know what to expect. The time I know to bring a scrapbook and a pen!
- The most recent amendment, well not entirely since there will be another further down this list, but going brunette was something rather different. I was so caught up on red shades for almost a year I didn't want to go back to a flat brown. But I wanted to try something new, so oh well.
- My very first haul from Make Up For Ever! I feel really slow on this bandwagon, but what can I do. Sigh~ Why does MUFE have to cost so much.
- Of course who can forget, the blogger meet & greet x'mas party held after Christmas. This is probably one of my most fond memories of 2009 because it was such a great experience getting to meet everyone!
- Last not but least, the most recent thing I had done to my hair - hair extensions. It is something I have been wanting to do since my secondary school days and I've finally got it done!
Now that seems like quite a lot to look back upon, but those are definitely one of the many moments in 2009 that I feel are memorable to me.
I wouldn't be doing a Best of 2009 products sort of a thing because I did try going through my drawers to pick out some, however it's simply too hard. I'll end up picking up tons or just not be able to choose... In short, it's too hard to decide, so I'll just skip on that.
I haven't posted a December Favorites yet because I wish to merge that with my January Favorites. Since I only had half of december to play around with makeup due to my finals. I guess one of my New Years resolutions would be to update on here and my youtube more often. That resolution would probably be the only one I would actually work at. Compared to the others that get scrapped or forgetten a couple months into the year.
But regardless, I hope everyone is excited about 2010!
It's a new year, a new start and I wish everyone all the best and to have a blissful year ahead!
Much love <33