I am slowly waddling my way through this all to familiar term, backlog. So I hope you don't mind me putting up all these items I have received from awhile ago.
Awhile ago being towards the end of last year.
It was during my confinement period when Nicole by OPI held their bloggers event, thus I could not head down for it but they were kind enough to send over a generous bag of polishes for me to swatch to my hearts delight.
I have 10 Nicole by OPI bottles with me, all from the brand as I did not own one prior to this.
I am not unfamiliar to Nicole by OPI but with the amount of polishes on hand (and other distractions), I never gave myself the opportunity to look at their offerings until now.
The polishes they sent are a good spectrum of colors and even contained shades that I do not have in my stash – such as that bright pink, bright yellow and bright green that you see there!
So... maybe there are some 'loopholes' in my stash. And we all know what that means.... heh.
Nicole by OPI polishes, as many of you may already know, comes with a flat brush and isn't too long in length. Polish brushes of this design and length are my favorite because it applies easily and the length allows for good control.
In terms of the Nicole by OPI brushes, I found them easy to work with. There was nothing overly spectacular yet the design and size did allow for easy application.
Since I don't have time to paint my nails that often these days and do not want to go for an uncoordinated skittle nail look, I decided to make use of my nail wheel once again to show you some swatches!
All swatches done below were done with 2 coats regardless if the polishes are still sheer or were easily opaque in one coat.
Here's a bit of a rundown about each shade.
- Berry Sweet is a chrome-like shiny red. It reminds me of Danke Shiny Red which is now in my mom's possession so I welcome this color very much.
- Reach Out is a lovely jelly pink shade. While it is a jelly, it still remains vibrant in color.
- It Starts With Me is a rusted champagne shade. It is a little sheer at 2 coats but would maybe look quite nice with 3. Alternatively it could be used atop another color
- Light A Candle was easily opaque in one coat. Some brush strokes are inevitable with this blue-ish metalic shade but it isn't obvious nor would I classify it as streaky.
- You're A Star is a sheer polish, made to serve as a topcoater to add sparkles
Now on to the second batch of shades, featuring 2 colors from the Kardashian Kolor collection.
- Keeping Up With Santa appears very similar to Berry Sweet (above) but is more darkened in appearance which would make it easier and more understated to wear for some. The red jewel tone is still very lovely regardless.
- Deck the Dolls is a beautiful pearly cyan-blue shade. It does have a chrome and slight metalic effect to it resulting in some brush strokes being apparent but yet again, not streaky in my terms.
- Purple Yourself Together is beautiful, simply stunning! A medium, slightly cool-toned, purple with gold shimmers within. The shade itself is also beautifully glossy.
- Make Mine Lime was stunning in the bottle and slightly disappointingly sheer but a bright green nonetheless. There was a slight pearly tone in the bottle that is lost upon swatching.
- Yellow Its Me , like Make Mine Lime, is also on the sheer side which is sad but it is a cheery yellow nonetheless. It would be most effective over a white base.
My picks of the lot would definitely be Purple yourself Together, Deck the Dolls, Keeping Up With Santa and Reach Out. The other shades are also very lovely too but these were the ones that stood out the most to me.
While these nail wheel swatches serve as a quick representation of the colors, I will show them up-close and with better shots when I wear them on my nails (in On My Nails entries).
In fact, I think I really want to swatch Purple Yourself Together soon!
While doing this entry up, I hopped over to Nicole by OPI's website and noticed that they had a Modern Family collection! Modern Family is probably my favorite sitcom of all times so... call me intrigued!
Turns out VampyVarnish had done swatches of all the 14 shades released with this collection (yes, all) and you can see them here.
Some shades are passable, well most are to me actually, but I like how What’s The Mitch-uation? and Candid Cameron looks! How coincidental!
Well, thanks for reading and I hope these swatches are of help!
Nicole by OPI retails at S$12.90 and is available at select Watsons outlets (Ngee Ann City for sure).
Do you own any of these shades? If not, did anything catch your eye?
Products were provided to me for review consideration.
I am not affiliated to them and all opinions expressed are my own.