A followup entry to this one right here.
This entry is about the process of how I depot the shadows,
documented for the fun of and also the final product.
Before I continue with the process, I had mentioned in my earlier entry (link provided above) that I didn't bother taking the divider out then. While playing around with it today, I managed to peel the dividers out.
It actually comes off quite easy. You just have to prod around for awhile and as you peel it off, you have to make sure you don't accidentally pull the magnet sheet out with it. After peeling the dividers out, I put the shadows in to see how it would fit and all.
Without the divider, I guess you would be able to free up one more row.
I don't think the magnet strip is actually a full magnet because I noticed that the pans were 'snapping' to several spots of the palettes and they didn't realy want to stay in line. I am not sure about you guys, but I didn't like how it looked without the dividers. It seemed a bit messy... so I had the boyfriend stick the divider back on. And yes if you peel it off carefully you can stick it back on cause it's like a really sticky tape-surface, not glued on.
So that was my little discovery, here's the process of depotting the shadows. No heat used at all!
This part takes awhile and you have to be careful and patient because you don't want to be scratching your eyeshadow! Carefully in a lever like motion, push upwards along the sides of the eyeshadow until it lifts up. It sounds kind of weird describing it, but try it and you'll know what I mean.
After freeing the pan, you can simply pull it off. The glue is not the solidified kind and it's actually really sticky! So if you want to stick something on the back, you don't have to go out and get adhesive.
The back of the pan with the blob of glue. I find that you can use alcohol or makeup remover to remove the glue. Alternatively you can fight sticky with sticky! My mom said to use tape, but I didn't bother since the makeup remover worked.
However, I only removed the glue for the first one I depotted (the black color) since it was magnetic, but for the rest of the eyeshadows I kept the glue on so I could stick them on the magnetic pans (since they for some reason are not magnetic).
The rest of the steps are just basic ones.
So I managed to fill one palette up and I guess this would be called my Neutrals palette, here they are organized according to their 'duos'. I have labelled them and also drew this 'split' line down the centre so it's easier for you to tell which is which.
And then I re-arranged it according to color gradient and all that, just to see if it would be more pleasing.
But in the end I swapped it back to the previous photo (according to the duos) so it would be easier to remember the names and I wouldn't have to pop them out everytime.
Of course while doing this, mishaps are bound to happen,
here's what happened to one of my eyeshadows.
It's just an itsy bitsy chip on that light gold-pearl eyeshadow, but still, it's not very nice to look at... haha!
So I am just done depotting palette number 2, this time with the colored shadows. I didn't take a picture of that one, but I'll probably feature them in future tutorials or videos so you'll be able to see it there! Plus, if you noticed, I rotated the shadows to a 'square' shape instead of the 'diamond' shape I featured in my earlier entry... It doesn't look that bad to me now, I think..
Thanks for reading!